ONF-HQO Quality Standard Advisory Committee Open Call
January 21, 2019 | Posted in Announcements, ABI
ONF–HQO collaborate to develop a set of quality standards for concussion
The Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation in collaboration with Health Quality Ontario are working together to produce a set of quality standards for concussion to address gaps in care and management of concussion across the province.
This quality standard will focus on the assessment, diagnosis, and management of acute concussion and persistent post-concussion symptoms in children and adults in any setting where concussion care is provided (including primary care, emergency department, ambulatory care/outpatient setting, and concussion clinics [publicly funded and private]).
Join the Committee!
We are seeking volunteers interested in joining an Advisory Committee that willprovide advice to support the development of a quality standard focused on concussion.
Applications will be accepted until February 4, 2019.
We welcome applications from the following people from across Ontario:
- Parents of children who have experienced a concussion, people who have experienced a concussion, their family members, and informal caregivers
- Health care professionals
- Community service providers
Successful applicants will:
- Be available to participate in three to five meetings in Toronto over an 8 to 12-month period;
- Review evidence, guidelines, and publications (provided by Health Quality Ontario) related to the defined patient population;
- Identify and prioritize areas for statement development, based on where the greatest opportunities for improvement exist in Ontario;
- Review and advise on the development of statements and quality indicators;
- Once the quality standard is developed, facilitate its uptake and adoption.
Successful applicants will be notified by email.