June 21, 2019
The Accessible Canada Act (Bill C-81) has received Royal Assent from the Government of Canada. With an interest to eliminate barriers for Canadians with disabilities, Bill C-81 is mandated to introduce new legislature that will have significant impact on:
- built environments (buildings and public spaces)
- employment (job opportunities and employment policies and practices)
- information and communication technologies (digital content and technologies used to access it)
- procurement of goods and services
- delivering programs and services; and
- transportation (by air as well as by rail, ferry and bus carriers that operate across a provincial or international border.
We look forward to the outcomes of the new legislature in Canada.